DOWNLOAD VERSION 0.32What is DrashRL?
Mt. Drash: The Roguelike, is a roguelike game based in the ancient game Escape from Mt. Drash; it tries to extract the main idea from the game into something more interesting to play and more related to the Ultima saga.
Both strategy and tactics are very important to survive, you must carefully decide how you want to shape your character, as the options are limited. There are no experience points or levels, all advancement is made by transversing the levels of the Arena. There are combat tactics and magic spells for a great variety of interaction types.Current Status
Beta 0.32 February 12 2007Features
* 8 Circles of magic, lots of spells
* Combat maneuvers, a different gameplay option for fighter types
* Integrity and Evade points systems, in which actors move when evading blows
* No experience Points, limited advancement.
* Simplified Command Set
* GFX interface with 3 classic Ultima tilesets (CGA, EGA and VGA), David Gervais tileset and customization.Quickstart
* Move using directional arounds and numpad
* Find the portal outside each area to advance
* Everytime you step into a portal you get a chance to pick an advancement
* Attack using 'a' + direction
* Cast spells using 's'
* In later levels, you have to find and use gems in order to use teleportersScreenshotshttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-1.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-2.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-3.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-4.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-5.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-6.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-7.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-8.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-9.pnghttp://www.santiagoz.com/share/drashrl032-A.pngPlot
In the game, you, the Stranger from another world, are caught by the evil garriontrots and given a chance to gain your freedom by entertaining them through different levels fulls of monsters and dangers.History
The initial version of this game was released for the 2006 7DRL programming contest
In the 7DRL version, there was no way to access the different weapons or armor; an updated version was released on 07/05/2006; it added LOS, items on floor, and enhanced UI and combat.
After a lot of work, and three playtesting versions, a very updated version 0.3 was released 24/01/07, which added lots of things including 8 Circles of magic, lots of spells, combat maneuvers, a GFX interface, music and many more things.
Later on, it was 0.31 and 0.32, each one polished thanks to the valuable input from playtesters on the official website; artifacts, special features in the levels, and many more things were added, including a UI using the David Gervais tileset. Requirements
DrashRL requires Sun Java 1.4.2 or higher, which is probably already installed in your computer.
If you are unable to run the game once you download it, just browse to:www.java.com/getjava/
Follow the simple instructions and you will be running the game in no time.Disclaimer
This game is Freeware, which means you are encouraged to obtain it, try it and share it with your friends or enemies. Distribution via Cover CDs, inclusion on websites other than the official and other means of
non-official distribution, including mirroring, must be asked via email to the author whom will probably agree and just wants to keep track on where the game is available.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY THIS SOFTWARE. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Midi and Image files including in this standard distribution are property of Origin Inc. Their usage in this free public production is not supposed to challenge the rights of Origin Inc. nor Electronic ArtsCoverage
No Coverage yet